Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Baby's Got A Secret

This is a bit of a cheat blog. I must remind you that I'm not the kind of guy who forwards sms jokes or email jokes - unless they're pure fun. I had an email from MK in Karachi, forwarding me this website. The purpose of this blog is to get you to pay a visit to it. Secrets are second nature to gay men. Most of us end up leading strange double lives. We learn automatically to transpose pronouns. The "he" becomes a "she" as part of dinner party banter. References to past "girlfriends" are muted over with a quick change of topic. So get to www.postsecret.com and see what you make of it. Some of it is quirky. Some disturbing. Some close to the bone. Much too close to the bloody bone. And some of it is graphically gorgeous. Enjoy. I promise to return with remotely meaningful prose in the near future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree postsecret is pretty much disturbing but for some reason keeps you glued.
Every body like reading stuff marked secret I suppose

11:23 am  
Blogger livinghigh said...

I've been to postsecret before, uber... left me feeling kinda sad... but also ebulient at some of de postcards.. sigh, mixed emotions...

PS: ure weekend retreat in de earlier post sounds like 'fun' - or is dat the correct word? ;-)

1:26 pm  
Blogger Uber Homme said...

akshay: yes ..."secret" is yet another marketing ploy. I found the site interesting and yet macabre. Maybe my own secrets aren't as interesting!

living high: fun is the correct word. I hadn't had quite such a good time in such a long time.

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home