Sunday, May 22, 2005

Fan Male

It's been another shitty weekend. London is becoming a distant memory. I'm sitting at the office working, putting together a report on (wait for it) SANITATION. My sanity is very clearly at risk. Without blowing my own trumpet I must confess that once in a while I do get email in response to my blog directly on my email address. This is for those who either do not have a blogger account or else prefer to write directly. Much of it is blush-inducing stuff and I try not to reread fan mail for fear that it may go straight to my head.

Today's mailbag included the following from CS which brought a smile to my face. CS: I hope you do not mind my quoting from what I think is a personal email. Here it goes:

"By the way, your friend's blog Venial Sin is one of the best I have ever read. He should collect some of his material into a collection of short stories or a series of related tableaux to compose a novella. It would be much better than David Sedaris' work. I swear reading Venial Sin's entries is like hearing some the best of Cole Porter. As for your blog, I find it succeeds best it communicating the social mores and customs -- a little like Thackeray or Austen."

Wow .....Cole Porter, Austen, Thackeray. Maybe this will not be such a shitty Sunday after all.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

so my compliments never get quoted because i never e-mail them to you?!

damn, need to change tactics!

there are a gazillion blogs by paki males on the net - i can't believe that the best two (yours and sin's) are written by GAY men - if you guys had been straight, i would have dedicated my life to pursuing you!

is there no such thing as an intelligent, well read, witty STRAIGHT paki man?

no wonder your female friends are still single and chasing imbeciles - it's not like they have a choice!

1:34 pm  
Blogger Uber Homme said...

Sarah: Your equally blush inducing compliments are on display for the world to see! I laughed out loud at your comment, because I keep writing about the absence of "intelligent, well read, witty GAY paki men"! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the (white picket?)fence- or in Amsterdam :)

1:44 pm  
Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

are you telling me that you and sin are the only ones and that that is where the quota of good paki men ends??

shit.

the situation is much worse than i thought.

*contemplates suicide and/or convincing sin AND uber homme to make beautiful, SMART, paki babies with her (relax, artificial insemination will save the day - this noble and selfless mission will not involve any sex), so that the next generation is saved*

2:04 pm  
Blogger Uber Homme said...

*sigh* maybe we can all end up on a desert island and figure what to do with a test tube :)

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home