Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Farewell

Dear Friends,

I used to have some idea of who you were, but ever since I allowed anonymous messaging on my blog, I am a little fuzzier. Nevertheless, its been great writing here and receiving your responses. I have made many friends and my world is all the richer for it.

The reason this blog started was too let off a little steam and to be able to write in as uninhibited and honest a manner as I could. For reasons -some within and some beyond my control-I will not go into now, this has now become impossible as many emails, text messages and replies on this site have made it clear that my identity is known. I ignored the first few, but the stream continued. This blog was never addressed to my friends - it was intended as my own space, where I could write secure in the knowledge that I couldn't offend anybody. That, unfortunately, has become more and more difficult. There are days I have wanted to write, but have had to either edit or restrain myself altogether for fear of accidentally causing hurt. As a result I've had to resort increasingly to book or film reviews where I could be less personal.

In these circumstances, I have no choice but to sign off this blog for now. I am convinced that the itch will get to me eventually and that I will reinvent myself on cyberspace. But until that happens I must thank all of you for reading the bilge that I produced over the last couple of months. For your reactions, your humour, your jokes, your critiques and -above all- the caring. Strangers have written to me so often that I feel I have known them all my lives. To this extent, this blog has been positive and I cherish the fact that I ever started it in the first place. Finally, to anybody I may have offended- I apologise unreservedly.

Take care..

13 Comments:

Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

you just broke my heart...

2:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God!
You just can't do this. I check your blog every day hoping for an update and you literally keep me company in my lows... I know you have your reasons, but I can't help but feel very very sad.

- DG

5:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First the earthquake, and now this! Uber, I'll miss you. Best wishes, always. MK

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will miss reading your blog :(

9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please leave some clue to your new nook on the web.
i will sooooo miss reading it.

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sorry to go. Will it help if I promise to never take offence at anything you may write on the blog? ;)

8:21 pm  
Blogger Dunce Happy said...

it is sad that you are ending a blog while i am just starting out to blog my own thoughts. i am a gay indian guy in the living in the US. i have tried blogging very recently and have decided that i like it.

hope that i find you somewhere sometime.

Duncy
duncehappy.blogspot.com

7:31 am  
Blogger livinghigh said...

ouch. and this is how de cookie crumbles? :(

i kinda get what u mean, though. when i started my anon blog, it was great - and then i realise it's not really anon any more! lol... but i still love dat silly place, and wudnt shut it down for a million dollars... well, maybe for a billion! lol..

but..... TDHs idea of a new url is good. do dat, please, pretty please, and send across a mail. waiting ang hoping to hear more from ya!

PS: am ecstatic dat u were safe in de quakes. live long n prosper. and sorry to sound so didactic here. ;-)

7:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont go zaheer

1:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite understanding what a predicament you might find yourself in, I will have to express my disappointment at having to lose such an avenue of enlightenment. I write. And it was usually when all that came out on the page as grovel, I would open up your website and read a little undusted realization, one of many that I am sure lie neglected around us. I will be losing my muse. But ho well, move one we all will. I will miss this blog. Take care. May you have a long and happy life.

4:27 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

this is my first visit here.

if i were u, i wouldn't shut it down. every blogger i know is eventually identified personally. many i've found to have met much before visiting their blogs. but that's ok. same with me. people will always see in your writing what they want to see. that's their problem.

you have the right to be yourself!

9:42 pm  
Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

i miss you.

please drop me a line if you decide to resurface.

hope you're well.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Dear Uberhomme,
Greetings from Bombay. Your blog is beautiful. Mubarak ho. Do please continue writing.

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home