Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mata Hari

I am all aflutter. I have just returned from a never ending meeting, to my mobile telephone-which I accidentally left behind. I have no less than six text messages asking : Who is she? At first I had no idea what they were all about. Now I know. According to the BBC the British High Commission at Islamabad has removed its Defence Attache because it has "lost its confidence in him." No, this has nothing to do with misplaced dossiers. It appears that the man in question had an "inappropriate relationship" with a female Pakistani spy. According to the Beeb, the man had been "tricked into a close friendship with the attractive woman." Wow. This is hot stuff. Apart from the female-as-temptress cliche I wonder who she is. Could it be the super chic woman in the car ahead of me at the petrol pump? Or was it the dowdy one in the supermarket? And what were the "tricks" she used? They could prove to be useful. Finally, I live in a city of intrigue.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

tricked into a close friendship with a woman???

I didn't buy it with Adam, and I don't buy it now. You let the little head do the thinking, that's your choice. Puhleeze.

8:12 pm  
Blogger Uber Homme said...

Couldn't agree more with you! How come men are always "duped" "tricked" or "seduced" into these things? Sounds like a load of nonsense. Still I'd like to know who the femme fatale is.

10:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes two of us! I'm dying to know whether or not it's one of your coterie of mad friends. Oh I so hope it is.

7:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home